Le Subscribe: Publish and Subscribe on the Web at Extreme Speed
“Nowadays there is a proliferation of selective dissemination of
information applications. This is due to the fact that there is more
and more dynamic information availbable through the web. For example,
we can easilty find in the Web information concerning stocks, sales,
tickets, documents. Web uses would like to be notifvied when new
relevant information is produces. A user may be interested in
receiving a norification when a given stock reaches a certain value.”
“A big challenge to build content based publish-subscdribe systems
is to solve the trade-off between (matching) performance and the
expressiveness of the publication and subscriptions language they can
support. Our research work focuses on designing scalable
pattern-matching algorithms which enable powerful subscription
languages on complex data. These algorithms are the hear of our two
publish and subscribe prototypes called Lwee Subscribe and WebFilter.
Bothe prototypes aim at Large-scale and High-trhoughput subscriptions
processing for selective information dissemination on the internet and
in Wireless enfironments.”- goto
originally Posted to cep.weblogger.com by David Soul on 1/15/05; 6:13:48 PM
in the CEP section.
Related posts on Bricoleur Systems -auto generated:
- Opera (research group) “The Opera group is part of the larger Systems Research Group in Cambridge.” “The focus of Opera group research is...
- Gryphon (research group) “The Distbuted Messaging group at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center focuses on developing advanced technology for messaging middleware. In plain...
- CEP (research group) Stanford CEP Research “Complex event processing (CEP) is a new technology. It can be applied to extracting and analyzing information...
- Siena (Research Group) Siena: Scalable Internet Event Notification Architectures (Software Engineering Research Laboratory – University of Colorado) “Siena is a research project aimed...
- DEEDS (research group) A Distributed Event Dissemination Platform “This project focuses on the research of an innovatiive event dissemination platform to ease the...