this powerpoint presentation Gail Kaiser, Janak Parekh, Phillp Gross
and Giussepper Valetto of the Programming Systems Lab of Columbia
University discuss how they are able to retrofit autonomic computing
onto legacy systems. Their middleware infrastructure is introduced
externally to the target system but utilizes models of the desirable
and undesirable behavior of the system.
The KX architecture they introduce consists of sensors (to collect about the execution); guages (to interpret sensor data by filtering and aggregating the data streams to recognize abstract semantic events); controllers (to determine which semantic events warrant system adaptation); and effectors (to apply reconfigurations, tuning, etc. to individual components of the running system).
event diistiller uses complex temporal event patterns to implement
matching of events across multiple streams/sources. This event
distiller can trace its conceptual ancestry from David Luckham's
Rapiide and Complex Event Processing. – goto
originally Posted to cep.weblogger.com by David Soul on 2/15/04; 10:47:19 PM
in the CEP section.
Related posts on Bricoleur Systems -auto generated:
- Monitoring distributed systems Synopsis:The monitoring of distributed systems involves the collection, interpretation,and display of information concerning the interactions among concurrentlyexecuting processes. This information...
- 2nd International Workshop on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS'03) The objectives of this workshop was to bring together participants from academia and industry to discuss problems in distributed event...
- 'IT cos must rethink their infrastructure Gartner is spreading the word far and wide… I just came across this piece in Indiatimes Infotech (June 2004) BANGALORE: Enterprises...
- GEM: Generalized Event Monitoring Language GEM – an interpreted language for event monitoring. The paper discusses the effect of communications delays on composite event detection...
- Complex Event Processing for Financial Systems ObjectStore® has intoduced its ” Trading Accelerator” which it claims is a highly scalable, complex event processing system for financial...