The British Columbia Medical Association has published an IT policy paper.
Getting IT Right
A Discussion Paper by BC's Physicians
The document is the BCMA Vision for Health Information Technology including:
Electronic Health Record vs. Electronic Medical Record
The document also includes an “environmental scant” of practices in other jurisdictions including:
- United Kingdom (National Health Service)
- United States (Health Maintenance Organizations)
- New Zealand
You can find the paper at: http://www.bcma.org/public/news_publications/publications/policy_papers/ITPaper/GettingITRight.htm
Related posts on Bricoleur Systems -auto generated:
- BCMA Policy backgounder: EMR and the Core Data Set The BC Medical Association has taken the position that it supports the creation of electronically-based patient record systems that focus...
- Transition to Electronic Medical Records: CPSA Guidelines The College of Physicians and Surgeons Alberta issued this guideline to address quality of care, patient safety, ethical, and medico-legal...
- Index to EMR in Viable These are keywords used in the EMR categories of the Viable Web Site: ASP Application Service Provider – a model...
- Learning from Abroad: Lessons and Questions on Personal Health Records for National Policy Alan Brookstone in CanadianEMR points to an paper from the US based AARP that compares and contrasts approaches taken in...
- BCMA: EMR commitment worries B.C. MDs In this article in The Medical Post, Matt Borsellino reports from the BCMA Annual Meeting that there is a groundswell ...